What is considered cheating?
- Using any software, DLL, Injection, and/or any code capable of making any changes to the game in Single Player or Multiplayer hunt(s)
- Participating in a Multiplayer game where point (1) applies and failing to abort before gaining any advantage and/or failing to report it
- Exploiting a game bug which gives you an advantage and failing to report it
Can you tell if a player is cheating?
Yes. We have regular checks against cheating, which takes some time due to the massive number of players and data to analyse.
What happens if an account is cheating?
It will be banned permanently. The ban includes theHunter account, Steam account, username and email address. It cannot be appealed or given a second chance.
Will I get a refund if my account is banned?
No. According to the terms of service agreed upon during registration, you are not eligible for a refund.
Will I get a warning or notification if I am cheating?
No. Your account will be permanently suspended without prior notice.
Can you show me the evidence? or tell me how you knew my account was cheating?
We do not ban any account without concrete evidence retrieved from transmitted data to and from our servers. It can be cross-checked by our developers. Such data is classified as highly sensitive, along with its retrieval and interpretation processes; the revelation of which can result in drastic advantages to be gained by unethical players. Our terms of service have reflected this policy and were agreed upon during account registration.
I was hacked / someone else was accessing my account and cheated. Can I be unbanned?
No. You are responsible for your account.
How do I report an account that is cheating?
Please submit a request with the following:
- theHunter username
- Details of what the account is accused of
- Link(s) to the hunt(s) in question
- If you witnessed the incident a Multiplayer session, please include any videos/screenshots